The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Council on Accreditation and School Improvement (SACS CASI) accredits over 13,000 schools and school systems throughout the United States and overseas. Today, SACS CASI is the global leader in helping schools improve student learning through accreditation.
- Carroll County High School
- Carroll County Intermediate School
- Fancy Gap Elementary School
- Gladesboro Elementary School
- Gladeville Elementary School
- Hillsville Elementary School
- Laurel Elementary School
- Oakland Elementary School
- St. Paul School
- Woodlawn School
Virginia Accredited Schools
School accreditation ratings reflect student achievement on Standards of Learning Assessments and other tests in English, history/social science, mathematics and science. Ratings are based on the achievement of students on tests taken during the previous academic year and may also reflect a three-year average of achievement. Adjustments also may be made for students with limited English proficiency and for students who have recently transferred into a Virginia public school. Accreditation ratings also may reflect the success of a school in preparing students for retakes of SOL tests. School Accreditation Rating Descriptions
- In 2005 all schools were accredited. Carroll County Intermediate and Oakland Schools were accredited with warning.
- In 2006 all schools were "fully accredited."
- In 2007 all schools were accredited. Woodlawn School was accredited with warning.
- In 2005 all schools met AYP except Carroll County Intermediate and Oakland Schools.
- In 2006 all schools met AYP except Carroll County Intermediate and Woodlawn Schools.
- In 2007 all schools met AYP except Carroll County Intermediate.
For a Virginia school or school division to have made AYP during 2006-2007, at least 73 percent of students overall and students in all subgroups must have demonstrated proficiency in reading, and 71 percent of students overall and in all subgroups must have demonstrated proficiency in mathematics.
The CCPS district did not meet AYP in 2005,2006, or 2007.