Carroll County Public Schools
605-9 Pine Street
Hillsville, VA 24343
"Education for All...Success for Everyone"
The United State Department of Agriculture’s regulations for School Nutrition states that no free meals may be served unless a student has an approved meal application.
In order to ensure compliance with these regulations the following policies and practices are in effect:
- Elementary Students will be allowed to accumulate no more than five (5) charges.
- Middle and High School Students will be allowed to accumulate no more than (3) charges.
- No child will be allowed to purchase a la carte items if they have a negative balance on their meal account.
- Balances (positive and negative) will be carried forward from year to year.
- Administrators may exclude students from extra –curricular activities or restrict privileges for students who have a debt. Students of parents/guardians who have a payment plan and are making payments to reduce their debt will not be excluded or restricted. No student diplomas, grades or academic records will be held for non-payment.
Students will not go hungry. The School Nutrition staff can provide the student with a sandwich, milk and fruit/vegetable to serve as their lunch; breakfast will consist of cereal, toast and milk.
Each school provides the service of a hot lunch & breakfast every day.