About Pre-K Education
To provide a developmentally appropriate, active learning environment which fosters growth in social, emotional, physical and cognitive development.
To provide a supportive climate throughout the day, to teach problem-solving skills, self-esteem, personal responsibility, as well as encourage language development, creativity, and positive relationships with others.
To include parents as active members of the Pre-K team by maintaining home/school communication, and offering information on child development and parenting skills.
The Carroll County Pre-K program is funded by the Virginia Preschool Initiative Grant Title I and Carroll County Public Schools. Listed below is a basic overview of the program.
- Children must be 4 by September 30th and must be resident of Carroll County.
- It is a full day program Monday through Friday.
- The Pre-K program follows the public school calendar.
- Class size is limited to 18 (full class) or 9 (half class).
- Professional team includes a teacher who is certified in Early Childhood Education and a teacher assistant (for full class).
- The program uses the Virginia Foundation Blocks for Early Learning.
- Risk factors such as economics and social factors are considered for eligibility.
- Parent involvement activities are planned and encouraged.
- Transportation is provided within the schools attendance zone.