The Carroll County Pre-K program is funded by the Virginia Preschool Initiative Grant Title I and Carroll County Public Schools. Listed below is a basic overview of the program.
- Children must be 4 by September 30th and must be resident of Carroll County.
- It is a full day program Monday through Friday.
- The Pre-K program follows the public school calendar.
- Class size is limited to 20 (full class) or 10 (half class).
- Professional team includes a teacher who is certified in Early Childhood Education and a teacher assistant (for full class).
- The program uses the Virginia's Early Learning and Development Standards Birth-Five .
- Risk factors such as economics and social factors are considered for eligibility.
- Carroll County uses a coordinated enrollment process working with Headstart to make sure every child has access to a program.
- Parent involvement activities are planned and encouraged.
- Transportation is provided within the schools attendance zone.